What are you loving this Month…?
- Here are my (fitness) lusts for September
- Lululemon “Spin Me” tank in Lavendar Gray ($52): I absolutely adore the color and the twist detail in the back. Top is gorge.
- Running Skirts “Preppy Black Capri Skirt” in Argyle ($72): With the temperatures dropping, a regular running skirt will no longer do. I need something with a little bit more coverage so as to keep me warm. And the Argyle deets speaks to my heart — remind me to show you my dining room wall.
- The North Face “Denali Jacket” in Charcoal Heathered Grey ($165): I first saw this “special edition” TNF jacket at the beginning of the summer and FELL IN LOVE. With the pattern falling outside of the norm of most Denali’s… And the neutral gray body… what’s not to love? (don’t say price… d’oh)
- Moving Comfort “Fiona Sports Bra” in Seaglass ($44): My girls are on the larger side and that means that a good sports bra ceases to be a splurges and becomes a necessity. That said, the Fiona is my favorite for running. Even on my most, ahem, “tender” of days…this does a good job at keeping the girls happy. And this green color? LOVE!
- Nike/Detroit Tigers “Featherlite Running Cap” ($22): Since it’s September and my beloved Tigers are DOMINATING the AL Central, I have to represent, and this cap is perfect (In fact, I now own it….) Oh yeah, and EAT ‘EM UP TIGERS!!!!
- Michigan State Spartans “Green Speckled 16oz Bistro Mug” ($12.95): So this isn’t exactly FITNESS, but as it pertains to college sports, I had to include it. Plus, it’s getting cooler and that means Cider, Hot Cocoa, Coffee, Tea etc. A girl needs to be able to represent while consuming tasty beverages. I love my Spartans and football season is underway… so how better to celebrate than with an awesome new mug?
- Spinner “Sport Bike” Package ($549, or $494 with coupon code: TWITTER): I just ordered this yesterday, in fact. It is a HUGE HUGE HUGE splurge for me, BUT I saved my personal money from my last couple of paychecks so that I could buy it. Because I just lost my job I wanted to invest in something that I can keep at home. That way, if worst comes to worst and I have to give up my gym membership, I am able to do some efficient cross-training at home.
- Nike Air+ “Pegasus 28 Trail Shoes” in Orange, Gray and Blue ($95): Did you SEE THESE COLORS?!?
- What’s not to love –besides the fact that it’s Nike and I’m actually not buying any Nike products since they resigned Michael Vick. I will look, and I will even admire — but quite honestly, I cannot indulge in buying products from a company that supports that person.
- Instead, I would rather give my money to a Pit Bull rescue, such as Villalobos Rescue Center. By the way, I have donated to them in the past, and get a handwritten THANK YOU letter from them.
So now that I have shared with you guys… It’s your turn to tell me: What is on YOUR fitness “Lust List” this month?
Went to spinning tonight after working the Detroit Tigers game (I run the scoreboards and I’ll be honest, it’s pretty awesome-sauce), and as of this moment, every.single.part. of my body hurts. A lot.
And, I am super exhausted. So… Goodnight, friends!
Now that I have this blog, I feel a bit like Navin R. Johnson from one of the slap-happy, funniest movies ever… The Jerk when Navin finds his name listed in a phone book for the first time:
Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book’s here! The new phone book’s here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 – Johnson, Navin R.! I’m somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity – your name in print – that makes people. I’m in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
[the Sniper points to Navin’s name in the phone book]
Sniper: Johnson, Navin R… sounds like a typical bastard.
As for my workout: The Husband and I went to Yin Yoga last night. The day before I took a Vinyasa class, and then ran for 45 minutes, so the Yin class was the perfect way to loosen up my (seriously sore and tightened) limbs. In all honesty, I had hoped to get a little time with the treadmill in, but honestly, I was completely.done.
As for today: I work the Detroit Tigers game, and then I think I’m going to go to Spin class at 6pm. Wish me luck!
I recently lost my job, which in some ways sucks… but, for the most part, it was a wonderful thing for me. It was a very demanding, toxic job for a very toxic company, so being let go was not the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
Since I’m unemployed, I am trying to use that time to get back to the gym and back to myself.